Please would you welcome Textpattern 4.7.1 into the world. This maintenance release mops up a few issues uncovered in v4.7.0 and includes more translations. Thank you to everyone who contributed with bug fixes, translations and code. Full details below.
You can either download from the following links, or from the GitHub project repository directly (please take a moment to ‘star’ our project too if you like it!)
The demo site courtesy of Pete Cooper allows you to run the release or even sneak peaks of future development versions in complete safety. The demo is rebuilt every few hours using the Textpattern 4.7.0 auto-installer.
Please note that Textpattern 4.7.x requires a bare minimum of PHP 5.4 or newer. PHP 7 is highly recommended.
Installation and upgrade
As with all releases, please ensure you log out of your admin side prior to upgrade and refer to the
README.txt file in the download archives for detailed instructions.
What’s new in this release?
Please see HISTORY.txt for full details of what’s in 4.7.1. The full change set is:
<txp:article_custom />correctly parse their content.
listformattribute returns correct value.
- Fixed: Textpack correctly updates timestamp where web server and database server reside in different timezones.
- Fixed: Fallback to ‘C’ locale in some situations.
- Fixed: Section page/style selectors are correctly populated.
- Fixed: Articles without a URL-only title have a valid permlink across all link formats.
- Changed: Additional code optimization for PHP 5.4 and later.
- Changed: Improved language string coverage in setup process.
- Changed: Extended use of Textpattern 4.7.*-native tags in Four Point Seven theme.
- Changed: Additional database-related information included in Diagnostics.
- Added: Latest translations.
- PrismJS 1.15.0.
- jQuery File Upload 9.22.0.
Thank you again to everyone involved in helping to make this release, from bug spotters and reporters to translators and documentation writers. We’re grateful to every person who continues to help drive this project.
If you find anything not working or wish to propose enhancements, please report them on GitHub, stating the version and any salient information. There are templates there for feature requests and bug reports.
We hope you enjoy this release and it serves you, your sites and clients well!