Download version 4.6.2:
- Extract the files to your site (in the web root, or choose a subdirectory). The top-level index.php should reside in this directory, as should the /textpattern/ and the /rpc/ directories.
- Create, or establish the existence of, a working mysql database, load /textpattern/setup/index.php (or /subdir/textpattern/setup/index.php) in a browser, and follow the directions.
- Log out of the admin side first.
- Replace the three files in your main installation directory (index.php, css.php and .htaccess) and everything in your /textpattern/ and /rpc/ directories (except config.php) with the corresponding files in this distribution.
- It is recommended that you flush the browser cache to ensure old cached files are not being used in preference to any newer versions within the upgrade.
- When you log back in to the admin side, the relevant upgrade script is run automatically. Please take a look at your Diagnostics to view any errors and whether the correct version number is displayed.
Latest development builds
Not for production environments. Unsupported.
If you would like to experience the latest Textpattern development version, please download a zip of the latest development build from the master branch at GitHub and give it a spin.
For advanced users only, and not for production environments. Unsupported.
The latest development versions of Textpattern can be accessed via a Git repository:
- dev (4.x, unstable): github.com/textpattern/textpattern/tree/dev
Pull request can be sent via Github.
What follows is a quick style guide, to be followed when modifying Textpattern source files.
Code style guide
- Use UNIX (LF) line feeds/endings rather than Windows (CR+LF) or Mac (CR).
- Use spaces rather than tabs.
- Follow PSR-2 as far as possible.