Textpattern 4.0.3 released
Thursday 29 December 2005 by
I am proud to announce the immediate availability of Textpattern 4.0.3. You can get it always on the download page.
Updates should be seamless and are recommended as soon as possible. People that are updating from previous versions probably want to add a few CSS rules as explained in the FAQ entry on comment error messages.
Most of the changes relate to handling comments (see full changelog below) and we now have a very easy way available for plugin developers to write anti-spam plugins ( Interested developers are encouraged to join the mailing-lists to discuss how to do this ). As a first plugin for production use, here is a Captcha-Plugin. More plugins will become available in the following weeks.
Changes since 4.0.2:
- fixed 2 potential security holes (detected in internal code review). Update is recommended.
- Textile i18n improvements
- Add a bulk Ban function for comments
- Automatically hide comments when banning an IP
- Fix comments “page by”
- Fix double translated linebreaks in comments.
- Fix nofollow in comments
- Fix preview without textile in certain edge cases
- Separate hidden comments into unmoderated and spam (reload your admin-side stylesheet, if you can’t see a difference)
- Add bulk changing of comment status (visible, moderated, spam)
- Better error-handling in comments-form when critical fields are missing
<txp:comments_error />(and conditional
<txp:if_comments_error>) Style-able error-message and form-elements via CSS (class=comments_warn).
- Plugin-Authors: Add callbacks for future spam-plugins [comment.save, comment.form]
- Plugin-Authors: Add getComment() and comment_evaluator for future spam-plugins
- Plugin-Authors: Allow (optionally, transparently) for installing compressed plugins.
- Plugin-Authors: Add window events using addEvent, to allow multiple events loading at window.onload, useful for admin side plugins.
- Improve mysql5-compatibility
- Add comment edit link to notification emails
- Make comment-time format customizable in tag (mary)
- Add offset-attribute to file_download_list (mary)
- Make older, newer and link_to_home work more consistently with other nav-tags (mary)
- Fix mailto: links
- Fix tag trace output for enclosing tags
- Update comment_count after import
- Add extra info to the tag trace (SQL queries, conditional tag results, page template and form names