On this page:
- Download current Textpattern CMS release
- Release documentation
- Download Textpattern CMS beta
- Latest development builds
- Get involved
Download current Textpattern CMS release (4.6.2)
Current (and previous) releases can also be downloaded from our source code repository at GitHub.
Download Textpattern CMS beta (4.7.0-beta)
You can either download from the links below, or from the GitHub project repository directly (please take a minute to ‘star’ our project too if you like it!).
Please note that Textpattern 4.7 now requires PHP 5.4 or newer. PHP 7 is highly recommended.
Make sure that if you use this beta release, you also update to the final 4.7.0 version when it is released.
Do not use this beta release on a production site unless you have a working backup of both the site’s files and its database and know how to use it.
Please report any issues here, stating the beta version that you are using. Further beta releases may be required prior to 4.7.0 stable release, depending on issues reported.
- Extract the files to your site (in the web root, or choose a subdirectory). The top-level
index.phpshould reside in this directory, as should the
- Create, or establish the existence of, a working MySQL database, load
/subdir/textpattern/setup/index.php) in a browser and follow the directions.
- Log out of the admin side.
- Replace the three files in your main installation directory (
.htaccess) and everything in your
/textpattern/directory (and the
/rpc/directory if you utilise RPC features), except
/textpattern/config.php, with the corresponding files in the current release distribution.
- It is recommended that you flush the browser cache to ensure old cached files are not being used in preference to any newer versions within the upgrade.
- When you log back in to the admin side, the latest upgrade script is run automatically. Please take a look at your Diagnostics administration panel to view any errors and check whether the correct version number is displayed.
Latest development builds
Not suitable for production environments. Unsupported.
If you would like to experience the latest Textpattern CMS development version, please download a Zip of the latest development build from the dev branch at GitHub and give it a spin.
Textpattern CMS is open source under the GNU General Public License v2.0, and all development takes place on GitHub. User contributions are welcome (and indeed, are enthusiastically encouraged). You don’t have to be a programmer to contribute either, there are lots of other ways to help us out!