Help us test the Textpattern CMS 4.3.0 Release Candidate
Monday 27 September 2010 by
The first release candidate of Textpattern CMS 4.3.0 is ready for boarding. Please make your way to the departure lounge and download a copy. Report any unexpected baggage on the Issue tracker or forum to help us build a high-quality final release. Safety information can be found in the seat pocket in front of you.
Have a pleasant trip.
- Happy retirement to The Carver: new logo courtesy of Philipp Schilling (aka belipe)
- Optional image constant
ihufor serving static images
- Textpacks for distributing localised strings
- Improved search ability with search modes “any” or “all”
- New image tags:
- New tags:
<txp:if_custom_field />pimped to allow any/all/regex matches
<txp:article_image />now accept width/height attributes
- File titles
- Content type upgrade: URL-style /category and /author lists now possible for all of TXPs native types. Corresponding conditional tags upgraded too
- New callbacks on the Images tab and more consistent API for shielding plugin authors from DB changes:
- New optional Start tab for dashboard plugins
- No more ‘friendly’ Stylesheet editor. Stylesheets no longer BASE64-encoded in the database
- Textile 2.2: support for notelists, definition lists, thead, tbody, table summary/caption, colgroups, new glyphs for fractions, plusminus and degrees symbol, plus performance improvements and bug fixes
- Seemingly over-the-top semantic admin-side markup changes. Will be thinned in due course; please consult the forthcoming guidelines for maximising plugin and theme compatibility in future TXP versions
- Inconsistent tag attributes renamed to conform
- Author/meta tags can display real name or login name
- Transparent pixels preserved in PNG/GIF thumbnails
- Faster logins
Refer to the HISTORY.txt file for a comprehensive list of changes in 4.3.0.
The download advertises itself as 4.2.0 in the Admin->Diagnostics tab, because we haven’t yet bumped the version number. Also, some of the admin-side strings are still not defined. These will be updated sometime before the final 4.3.0.
Please make sure that if you use this release candidate, you also update to the final 4.3.0 version when it is released.