Textpattern works on any web server that supports Apache, PHP and MySQL. It runs fastest on the current mainline supported versions, such as Apache 2.4+, PHP 7+ or MySQL 5+, though also runs on versions released before that.
The minimum requirements for Textpattern to run are as follows, but we always recommend higher versions to minimise the risk of leaving yourself open to known security issues with earlier packages.
- PHP 5.3.3+ (version 7+ recommended).
- MySQL 4.1+ (version 5.5+ recommended).
- Apache 1.3+ (version 2.4+ with
- PHP extensions (included by default in most PHP installations):
- Optional PHP extensions:
php.inifile needs to contain a
- Your MySQL user responsible for communicating with the database requires at minimum the following grant privileges:
LOCK TABLES. Some plugins may additionally require:
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES,
- A Unix/Linux server OS with locale support is recommended.
It is reported to work well on IIS and Lighttpd. Clean URLs are possible on those systems, with the right configuration, but are not officially supported.