Minimum system requirements
Textpattern 4.6 requires a web server with:
- PHP 5.3.3+.
- MySQL 4.1+.
- The PHP mysqli extensions.
- The PHP XML extension and JSON extension (both included by default in PHP).
php.inifile needs to contain a
- Your MySQL user responsible for communicating with the database requires at minimum the following grant privileges:
LOCK TABLES. Some plugins may additionally require:
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES,
Recommended system requirements
In addition to the above minimum requirements, we recommend the following:
- PHP 5.4+ in
- MySQL 5
- PHP extensions:
- Apache 1.3+ or 2.0+ with mod_rewrite
- A Unix server OS with locale support
Textpattern CMS probably works on any web server that supports PHP (including PHP7.x).
It is reported to work well on IIS and Lighttpd. Clean URLs are possible on those systems, with the right configuration, but are not officially supported.