Textpattern works on a web server running Apache or Nginx, PHP and MySQL.
The minimum requirements for Textpattern 4.8 to run are listed below. We recommend current, vendor-supported versions for overall performance and security reasons.
- PHP 5.5.0+ (version 8.0 or 8.1 recommended).
- MySQL 5.0.3+ (version 8.0 recommended).
- Apache 1.3+ (version 2.4+ with
mod_rewriterecommended) or Nginx 1.13+ (version 1.21+ recommended).
- PHP extensions (included by default in many PHP installations):
- Optional (recommended) PHP extensions:
- A valid PHP
- The MySQL user requires at minimum the following grant privileges:
LOCK TABLES. Some plugins may additionally require:
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES,
- A working mail transport agent (e.g. Sendmail, Postfix, etc).
- A Unix/Linux server OS with locale support is recommended.
Textpattern is reported to work well on a variety of other web servers including IIS and lighttpd. Clean URLs are also possible on those systems, with the right configuration, but are not officially supported.