Textpattern works on any web server that supports Apache or Nginx, PHP and MySQL.
The minimum requirements for Textpattern to run are as follows, but we always recommend vendor-supported versions for performance reasons and to minimise the risk of leaving yourself open to known security issues with earlier releases.
- PHP 5.5.0+ (version 7.3+ recommended).
- MySQL 5.0.3+ (version 5.5+ recommended).
- Apache 1.3+ (version 2.4+ with
mod_rewriterecommended) or Nginx 1.13+ (version 1.18+ recommended).
- PHP extensions (included by default in many PHP installations):
- Optional (recommended) PHP extensions:
- A valid PHP
- The MySQL user requires at minimum the following grant privileges:
LOCK TABLES. Some plugins may additionally require:
CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES,
- A working mail transport agent (e.g. Sendmail, Postfix, etc).
- A Unix/Linux server OS with locale support is recommended.
It is reported to work well on IIS and Lighttpd. Clean URLs are also possible on those systems, with the right configuration, but are not officially supported.