We’ve added new features like admin-side themes, timezone support with automatic DST adjustment on capable servers, and core support for unlimited custom fields, readied Textpattern for compatibility with PHP 5.3, and fixed a number of small bugs. Upgrades from previous 4.x versions are expected to work seamless under usual reserve of plugin compatibility.
Changes in this release
- Feature: Extendable admin-side themes. ‘Classic’ and ‘Remora’ theme contained in the core package.
- Feature: Capability for multi-site file system layouts (thanks: Sam Weiss).
- Feature: Role-based permission checks for images, links and files.
- Feature: Save various pane toggle states.
- Feature: Store author of links and files.
- Feature: Automatic adjustment for DST (requires PHP 5.2+, fall back to manual adjustment for servers running older PHPs).
- Feature: Timezone selector in preferences (requires PHP 5.2+, GMT-based selector as a fallback).
- Feature: Default event preference setting (thanks: Mary).
- Fixed: PHP 5.3 compatibility (thanks: Mary).
- Fixed: When a user is deleted, reassign her assets.
- Fixed: Tag builders for
- Fixed: Bogus “Article tags cannot be used outside an article context” warning in
<txp:else />-branch of
- Fixed: Removed superflous
&encoding for article titles in
wraptagattributes as intended.
- New tag:
<txp:link_id />(thanks: Rick Silletti).
- New tag:
- Changed: Article timestamp is left untouched for draft, pending, or hidden articles published into the future.
<txp:file_download_list />tag accepts a comma-separated list of file ids in a new
idattribute (thanks: Rick Silletti).
pluggable_ui()serves as a base for custom admin-side user interface panels, see new
- Developer: New events
- Developer: Per-user preferences.
- Developer: Increased maximum plugin code size to
- Developer: Increased maximum preferences value size to
- Developer: Core support for unlimited custom fields (thanks: Gerhard Lazu).
- Developer: Thumbnail dimensions are stored in the image table.
- Developer: Sending requests to the admin-side with URL parameter
asyncsuppress any default admin-side output. Think Ajax.
- Developer: Cached plugins are loaded in natural sort order.
- Developer: Deprecated
input()functions. These will be removed in next release.
- Developer: Plugins can flag their interest in lifecycle events (install, uninstall, activate, deactivate). See https://github.com/textpattern/textpattern-plugin-template.
- Developer: Optional capability to jump to a plugin’s options from the plugin tab. See https://github.com/textpattern/textpattern-plugin-template.
- jQuery 1.3.2.
Join the discussion at the forum. Many thanks to all who helped building this release or expressed their appreciation of this project by donating!