It’s been a while in the making—a lot has changed both visually and under the hood—and is a culmination of a lot of work and hours put in by our core developers and awesome project contributors (Textpattern is a voluntary project and all code and time contributions are greatly appreciated).
You can either download from the links below, or from the GitHub project repository directly (please take a minute to ‘star’ our project too if you like it!).
If you’re undecided, take it for a spin first on the demo site kindly hosted by Pete Cooper.
Please note that Textpattern 4.6 requires PHP 5.3.3 or newer.
Please see HISTORY.txt for a full list of changes that will appear in the 4.6.0 stable release. Some of the headline changes are:
- Compatible with PHP 7 and MySQL 5.7.
- New default public-side theme.
- Improved admin side UI.
- Improved RTL language support.
- Improved accessibility, including WAI-ARIA roles and full keyboard navigation.
- Textile v3.5. Also support for adding other text filters via plugins, for example a Markdown language plugin.
- New tags:
- Improved features in many existing tags.
- Improved security of passwords.
- Faster due to cache-friendly public side database queries, parser improvements and reduction of admin-side queries.
- For developers, adherence to PSR coding standards where possible and improved documentation of source code throughout.
Make sure that if you use this beta release, you also update to the final 4.6.0 version when it is released.
Do not use this beta release on a production site unless you have a working backup of both the site’s files and its database and know how to use it.
Please report any issues here, stating the beta version that you are using. Further beta releases may be required prior to 4.6.0 stable release, depending on issues reported.