Thank you to all testers of our first beta for hammering away and helping us get it ship-shape. This post is formal notification of the second beta, which can be obtained below.
You can either download from the links below, or from the GitHub project repository directly (please take a minute to ‘star’ our project too if you like it!)
As ever, you can try it out in complete safety on the demo site kindly hosted by Pete Cooper. It’s rebuilt every few hours using the new Textpattern 4.7.0 auto-installer.
We encourage you to download this beta and help us test this release to make Textpattern the best we can. Thank you in advance for helping and raising any issues on GitHub.
Please note that Textpattern 4.7 requires PHP 5.4 or newer. PHP 7 is highly recommended.
- Hardened the Languages panel to help prevent form resubmission spamming (thanks, Pete Cooper).
- Added ability to copy an article (from the Articles list panel) without automatically saving it (thanks, cara-tm). This is distinct from ‘Duplicate’ which does save the clone as Draft with a new title that includes the ID.
relattribute to newer/older tags.
- Improved the Themes update/export multi-edit options to be clearer.
- Fixed blank page on them update if no theme selected (thanks, NicolasGraph).
- Fixed layout bugs on the Themes panel (thanks, phiw13).
- Tweaked layout of upload category buttons on Images and Files panels (thanks, phiw13).
- Fixed alignment of Textfilter drodowns.
- Added a whole bunch of other visual tweaks to improve usability.
- Tightened other language text around the place (thanks, Destry).
- Fixed Diagnostics alert for All Checks Passed (thanks, Adi).
- No script wrapping for async calls if logged out of admin side.
escapetag more consistently.
- Removed global attribute fields in tag builder, pending overall tag builder improvements.
- Fixed pagination in plugins using legacy pageby calls (thanks, Adi).
- Fixed order of Form blocks (thanks, phiw13).
- Improved Languages API and reintroduced public
$textarrayto help plugins authors (thanks Adi).
- Permitted multiple language identifiers in a single Textpack (e.g.
en, en-us, en-gb).
- Fixed a few stray Textpack string grouping issues.
- Fixed string trim when using the escape attribute’s
tidyfeature (thanks, cara-tm).
- Tightened data sanitization and added more defensive coding (thanks, Manuel García Cárdenas).
/titleonly mode and
/year/month/day/titleinterpretations (thanks, planeth44).
- Included new translations – thank you to all translators who work tirelessly to keep up with our code meddling.
Make sure that if you use this beta release, you also update to the final 4.7.0 version when it is released. If you have updated from a previous beta please remember to also go to the Languages panel and update any installed languages if available.
Do not use this beta release on a production site unless you have a working backup of both the site’s files and its database and know how to use it.
Please report any issues here, stating the beta version that you are using. Further beta releases may be required prior to 4.7.0 stable release, depending on issues reported.
Above all, enjoy!