We’ve released the third (and hopefully final) beta of Textpattern 4.6 for testing. The aim is to go to final release in about 2 weeks from now, depending on feedback to beta 3.
You can either download from the links below, or from the GitHub project repository directly (please take a minute to ‘star’ our project too if you like it!).
If you’re undecided, take it for a spin first on the demo site kindly hosted by Pete Cooper.
Please note that Textpattern 4.6 requires PHP 5.3.3 or newer.
- Reintroduced and rewritten the tag builder.
- Reintroduced site name in admin header area.
- Rewritten admin-side layout grid and various UI widgets in Flexbox, which affords better support for RTL languages.
- Many RTL language admin-side improvements.
- Improved layout accessibility for pages, forms, styles panels by moving content-switcher to left-hand column.
- Removed built-in Gzip compression of RSS feed and Atom feed (server compression tools can, and should, handle this task).
- Multi-site bug fixes.
- Minor improvements to public-side theme.
- Various other bug fixes and cosmetic improvements, as reported by beta testers.
Make sure that if you use this beta release, you also update to the final 4.6.0 version when it is released.
Do not use this beta release on a production site unless you have a working backup of both the site’s files and its database and know how to use it.
Please report any issues here, stating the beta version that you are using. Further beta releases may be required prior to 4.6.0 stable release, depending on issues reported.