Thank you to all testers of our first and second Textpattern 4.8.0 beta releases. The feedback has helped improve this release massively. To that end, the third beta of Textpattern CMS 4.8.0 is now available for you to download and try. We intend for this to be a short (and hopefully final) beta before we release the stable Textpattern 4.8.0 version.
You can download Textpattern 4.8.0-beta.3 from the links below, or from the Textpattern 4.8.0-beta.3 tag on GitHub (please take a minute to ‘star’ our project too if you like it!)
We encourage you to download this beta and help us test this release to make Textpattern the best we can. Thank you in advance for helping and raising any issues on GitHub.
If you’re undecided, you can give it a whirl in complete safety first on the revamped demo site, hosted on DigitalOcean.
Please note that Textpattern 4.8 requires PHP 5.5 or newer. An actively-supported version of PHP 7 is highly recommended for performance and security. Please refer to the official PHP Supported Versions page for details.
Please see the previous beta and beta 2 release notes, as well as HISTORY.txt for full details of what’s coming in 4.8.0. Changes in beta 3 compared to the previous beta:
- Fix viewport width overflow on small devices (thanks, Myusername, phiw13).
- Permit multiple forms to be fetched from the database at once for performance improvements.
- Improve pagination flexibility, introduce
<txp:older>tags, and add the
evaluateattribute to execute content in arbitrary order.
- Fix international character usage in section/category/title and breadcrumb/title permlink schemes (thanks, phiw13).
- Fix plugin warnings issued when directory isn’t writeable (thanks, phiw13).
- Fix ID range selection (thanks, Mikulas).
<txp:output_form>error being thrown (thanks, Summer).
- Fix incorrect
<abbr/>tag in welcome article (thanks, colak).
- Accessibility improvements for screen readers and keyboard-only page navigation.
- Latest translations and pophelp: thank you to all contributors via Crowdin.
- UglifyJS v3.7.7.
Beta release notes
Do not use this beta release on a production site unless you have a working backup of both the site’s files and its database and know how to use it.
Please report any issues here, stating the version that you are using. A release candidate is scheduled prior to 4.8.0 stable release, depending on issues reported.
Make sure that if you deploy this beta, you also update to the final 4.8.0 version when it is released. We are aiming to release Textpattern 4.8.0 in Q1 2020, pending feedback on this and any subsequent pre-4.8.0 releases.
Thank you for your interest in Textpattern.